Monday, December 2, 2019

DOWNLOAD IP9258 FIRMWARE

I could not locate the manufacture at all. I lost communication with my home server and started worrying if my house had caught a fire or a group of thieves had taken away everything. The second was to build a scheme to restart a dead network device automatically. I guess the power supply circuit is dead. After coming back home I found there was possibly a power outage for the whole house because many appliances had blinking clock display. The modem locks up provides no communication once in a while, say two to three times a year. Make sure the IP-Power is given either a fixed IP address or a fixed host name that is always accessible from the targe Linux host. ip9258 firmware

Uploader: Brajar
Date Added: 21 March 2005
File Size: 24.40 Mb
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2003/7/8/10 MacOS 10/X
Downloads: 14836
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]





The first unit I got was dead but a replacement worked fine. I guess the power supply circuit is dead.

IPPOWER - Automatic Power-Cycler

The second was to build a scheme to restart a dead network device automatically. After coming back home I found there was possibly a power outage for the whole house because many appliances had blinking clock display.

I tried to contact the eBay vendor Firmeare purchased the unit from with no luck. I could not locate the manufacture at all. The first measure was to subscribe to an external secondary SMTP server for my own domain, that is primarily served by my in-house SMTP server, in order to prevent incoming mail from bouncing in case my own SMPT server is not accessible.

The exact cause of the lock-ups is unknown; it may be a firmware bug or some kind of glitch on the telephone line though I have installed an inline filter on its telco line. Secondly, create a special user account "ippower" on the Linux host.

Index of /download/ip-power

I disassembled the box to locate the failure source, say just a blown fuse or a burned resister, but I was unsuccessful. It is easily configurable. A simple web interface can individually turn on and off its four Flrmware outlets. I created a new device file that describes the device dependent functionality of the Web Power device and modified all port files to point to the new device file. Unfortunately, I have little experience with other installations such as Suse and Debian so that I cannot provide good support for them.

ip9258 firmware

Two or three failures a year may not sound significant, but, as Murphy's law tells, they usually happen at the worst times. All times are in number of seconds.

ip9258 firmware

Another major distributor of the IP-Power advised me to update the unit's firmware through its serial port although I had told them the unit's hardware had seemed dead. So, I decided to prepare precautions to reduce the risk. Last summer it happened when my whole family was on vacation in a foreign country for two weeks. This should reduce the risk of unwanted hacks taking advantage of super user script processes. There are two versions, once of the U. A port file needs the following shell variables defined: It also has a simple timer-driven power control so that, once a timer is set via the web interface, an outlet can be automatically turned off and on without direct control by a host computer, though my IPPOWER project does not use this feature.

The document has serious errors in this area and below is the correct URLs that I verifeied to work. A few months after I wrote the first version of this document, my IP-Power died; it started to keep beeping and power-cycling in a few second interval and of course it no longer responded to network accesses.

Next, unzip the distribution file into a work firnware and edit a few file for local configuration. The Web Power works in a very similar way to the IP-Power; only the URLs had to be changed and this was within my original preparation for portablity of my code.

The IP-Power is a very simple but useful device. Firstly, set up the IP-Power for it networking connection and account management user name and password.

Well, not everything goes well.

ip9258 firmware

Make sure the IP-Power is given either a fixed IP address or a fixed host name that is always accessible fjrmware the targe Linux host. I lost communication with my home server and started worrying if my house had caught a fire or a group of thieves had taken away everything.

The modem locks up provides no communication once in a while, say two to three times a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment